Barricade Thermo-Brace® structural sheathing is strong. Thermo-Brace’s unique manufacturing process uses quality fiber designed to add superior dimensional stability and strength. All of our grades provide racking resistance and may be used as an alternative corner bracing method with structural ratings equivalent or better than OSB.
As part of the Barricade System, Thermo-Brace exterior wall sheathing is a vital component, protecting the wall envelope and preserving the integrity of what’s inside, i.e. cavity insulation, studs, drywall, etc.
Fiberboard sheathings tend to be spongy because of their composition. This makes it difficult to fasten the edges tightly to the wall frame, creating gaps and cracks for water to enter.
Because of Thermo-Brace’s 1/8″ thickness, a tight seal is formed to the framing members, producing excellent protection against water and air infiltration.
All grades of Thermo-Brace have been evaluated and permitted as a water-resistive barrier (WRB) noted in IRC Section R703.2 and IBC Section 1404.2.
- Less work site damage means lower replacement costs
- Available custom dimensions can mean less waste and less cleanup, saving time and money.
- Available up to 12′ lengths
- Easy installation saves time and labor
- All grades are alternatives for exterior and interior shear load design.
- Reflective foil facings are available for enhanced energy performance.
- Private logo available
- Large imprint area
- Quick turnaround and minimal up-charge
- Small minimum order requirement
For optimum energy performance, we recommend that all seams and joints be taped with a high-quality construction tape such as Barricade® Seam Tape.
© Copyright 2018 Barricade Building Products